We started our Centennial year with a big party!


We published a Centennial Cookbook.

We established a fund for the next 100 years.

We had an entertaining afternoon with the Women's Club.


The Campus Club is located on the 4th floor of the Coffman Memorial Union. The building is named to honor Lotus Delta Coffman, the fifth president of the University.

The Union opened during the Fall of 1940.

The building underwent several somewhat unsuccessful "upgrades" in the 60's and 70's.

A huge renovation project started in November 1999. The building re-opened in January 2003.



"Back in September 1911, a brief notice appeared in the Minnesota Alumni Weekly announcing the opening of a campus club” at the University of Minnesota. Noting that faculty had been agitating” for just such an organization on campus for several years, the Weekly reported that, through the course of the spring and summer, articles of incorporation for a club had been drafted and a home had been found. A campus fraternity house, known as Northrop House, on Church Street was leased from the Board of Regents and $1,600 worth of furnishings and repair was collected to gussy it up. Renovations complete, the two-story house with its Tudor-frame design was deemed fit for faculty members to occupy, and on September 25 the doors opened for the first meeting of the Campus Club." So begins an article by Tim Brady in the Spring 2011 issue of Minnesota, the magazine of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association. Continue reading here.


The Club has undertaken a variety of activities to celebrate our Centennial.